CORNISH HENS WITH MEDITERRANEAN RUB
2 Cornish Hens, butterflied*
5 cloves garlic, chopped
3 stems of fresh rosemary, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh thyme
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
Remove stems from herbs and chop. Combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, olive oil and soy sauce in a bowl to make the marinade. Butterfly the hens and marinate for 1 hour or
longer. Grill over medium heat, skin-side down, until browned. Turn over and finish grilling for
an additional 30 minutes or until done.
Makes 2-4 servings.
*HOW TO BUTTERFLY: Set the hens on a board, with the breast-side down. Starting at the neck, remove the backbone by cutting along the length of the back of the spine on each side of the backbone with kitchen or poultry shears. Spread open the hens.
FRENCH ONION SOUP BURGER
1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/2 cup Garlic Teriyaki
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
4-6 slices provolone cheese, diced
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine ground turkey and 1/4 cup Roasted Garlic Teriyaki, form into 8 thin patties. Separate diced cheese into 4 sections and place one cheese section on a turkey patty and place the 2nd pattie on top, pinching the edges around the burger to seal the edges. Continue with remaining patties, then refrigerate 4 stuffed burgers for 20 minutes.
Pour vegetable oil in a medium saucepan, heat oil and add sliced onions. Stir onions until soft, about 3 minutes, add remaining Roasted Garlic Teriyaki and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Grill stuffed burgers and serve with sauteed onion.
Makes 4 servings.
Caesar Grilled Chicken
Caesar Grilled Chicken is the perfect topping for your favourite tossed salad. Serve atop the greens (and other salad items) of your choice, and you’re ready to go!
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• 2/3 cup olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 4 anchovy fillets (optional, see Note)
1. Preheat grill to medium‐high heat.
2. Place chicken in a medium bowl.
3. In a blender, combine remaining ingredients, including anchovy fillets, if desired. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth. Pour blended mixture over chicken, cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
4. Grill chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side, until no pink remains and juices run clear.
Note: If you leave out the anchovies, you may want to add an extra 1/2 teaspoon salt to the oil mixture.