Australian Sweet Potato Meat Loaf
Serves 6, Preparation Time: 15 min , CookingTime: 90 min
1 sachet Knorr Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake
500 g minced beef or lamb ( extra lean )
125 ml Cheddar cheese, grated
500 g sweet potato
5 ml olive oil
1 large onion, grated
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 Place the mince in a bowl and add egg, olive oil, onion and the sachet contents
2. Scrub the sweet potatoes then, without peeling them, grate using a cheese grater
3. Stir into the mince mixture
4. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and press the mixture into the tin
5. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hr. then remove the foil
6. Sprinkle with cheese and arrange sliced tomato on top then return to the oven and bake uncovered for a further 30 mm
7. Cut into thick slices
Sweet And Sour Meatballs
Yields: 4 Servings
1 1/2 pounds ground round ground round
1/4 cup parmesan cheese parmesan cheese
1/4 cup catsup catsup
1/2 cup bread crumbs bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk milk
1 egg egg
sweet & sour sauce: sweet & sour sauce:
3/4 cup water water
3 tablespoons brown sugar brown sugar
3 tablespoons catsup catsup
4 teaspoons cornstarch cornstarch
1/4 cup vinegar vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice lemon juice
remaining ingredients: remaining ingredients:
2 tablespoons oil oil
1 clove garlic garlic
2 tablespoons scallions chopped
1 teaspoon ginger root peeled grated
2 tablespoons oil oil
2 green peppers diced
1 large onion diced
1 tomato cut in eighths
8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice drained
Make small meatballs and set aside. Combine sauce ingredients and set aside. Add oil to hot wok. Swirl. Stir fry garlic, scallions and ginger for 30 seconds. Add meat balls and gently stir fry for about 1 minute. Remove ingredients from wok. and set aside. Wipe wok clean. Reheat wok, add oil and stir fry green peppers, onion and tomato in consecutive order, stirring 30 seconds after each addition. Push vegetables to side of wok. Restir sweet and sour sauce and pour into center of wok, stirring until thickened and bubbly. Return meatballs to wok along with pineapple. Heat thoroughly and serve.
Bolognese Sauce (Meat Sauce)
Yields: 1 Servings
1 pound Meatballs
1/2 pound Chopped pork or sausage meat
1/4 cup Olive oil
1 Onion chopped
2 Cloves garlic crushed
1 Carrot grated
1 Stalk celery grated
2 tablespoons Tomato paste
1 3/4 pounds Can tomato puree
1 3/4 pounds Can Italian tomatoes,
2 cups Water
Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot lightly brown garlic in olive oil and discard. Add onion, celery and carrot and saute until translucent. Add meat and lightly brown stirring often. Add tomato paste and simmer 1 min. Add tomatoes, tomato puree and water and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours stirring often. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over cooked hot pasta or rice. *option-instead of 2 cups water, you may add 1 cup water and 1 cup red wine (dry) .
Makes 12 to 14 crepes.
2 1/3 cups milk
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package frozen broccoli
3 ounces cooked turkeys or chicken
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of chicken soup
1. Beat eggs well. Add milk, flour, oil and salt. Beat until batter is smooth.
2. Preheat small skillet (8 inch cast iron works best). Brush skillet with oil.
3. Add about 2 tablespoons or 1/4 cup batter. Rotate batter to cover bottom of skillet. Cook until lightly brown. Turn and cook until lightly brown on other side. Continue until
batter is gone.
1. Cook broccoli and drain. Add rest of filling ingredients. Mix well.
2. Add 1 to 2 heaping tablespoons of mix to each crepe.
3. Roll crepe up and place in square or rectangular baking dish.
4. After each crepe is filled and rolled, pour remaining mix on top of crepes. Cover.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
2 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
2/3 cup dried minced onion
2/3 cup parmesan cheese; grated
1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
1 T garlic powder
1 T garlic salt
Attach to Jar:
To prepare meatballs: In a bowl, combine egg and 1 cup of meatball mix. Add
beef and mix well. Shape into 1 ½ inch balls. In a skillet, brown
meatballs; drain. Transfer to a 13’x9’x2′ baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees
for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yields 16 meatballs for
LOW FAT CHILI
1/2 pound ground lean buffalo or sirloin
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green peppers (optional)
1 (8 ounce) can low-salt tomato sauce
14 1/2 ounces very low sodium beef broth (canned or dry substitute)
1 (6 ounce) can low-salt tomato paste
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Brown sugar, to taste (optional)
2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
Cook beef, onion and green peppers over medium heat until beef is well done and onion and peppers are soft. Strain all and run under hot water until beef loses oily feel when touched. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Adjust seasonings to taste.
*Approximate composition per serving: 105 calories 3g fat 0mg cholesterol 51mg sodium
Recipe approved by a cardiovascular dietician.