Forsake this takeaway favourite to flip your own healthy version of vegetarian pizza.
Ingredients (serves 4)
Olive oil cooking spray
2 large red capsicums, cut into thin strips
1 large eggplant, trimmed, cut into 5mm-thick slices
2 zucchini, trimmed, sliced lengthways
2 x 335g pizza bases
2/3 cup 97% fat-free pumpkin hummus (see note)
3 roma tomatoes, sliced lengthways
120g fresh low-fat ricotta
80g rocket leaves
Preheat a barbecue plate on high heat until hot. Lightly spray capsicum, eggplant and zucchini with oil. Barbecue vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until tender.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Place pizza bases on 2 baking trays. Spread 1/3 cup hummus over each. Top with barbecued vegetables and tomatoes. Crumble over ricotta. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bases are crisp. Remove to a board. Top with rocket and season with pepper. Serve.
If you can’t find pumpkin hummus in your supermarket, you can use regular chickpea hummus instead.
Ingredients (serves 10)
12 small white par-baked bread rolls, halved
2 x 50g sachets tomato and herb pizza sauce
1 cup reduced-fat pizza cheese
225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained, chopped
2 sticks cabanossi, sliced
1 small green capsicum, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread cut side of each roll with pizza sauce. Place on prepared trays.
Sprinkle rolls with 1/3 cup cheese. Top with pineapple, cabanossi and capsicum. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve.
6 oz ( 180 g ) Grilled Fully Cooked Diced Chicken Breast
1 Pizza Crust
1/3 cup low fat ranch dressing ( see note )
1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 green onions, sliced
Spread dressing on pre-baked pizza crust.
Toss Grilled & Ready Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast with buffalo sauce and spread on top of prepared pizza crust. Cover chicken with cheese and top with green onions.
Bake at 450°F ( 200 C ) for 8-10 minutes.
Low fat ranch dressing
1 1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk
2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Mix all well together.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Original recipe makes 1-2
1 Cup Cheddar cheese; grated,
1/4 Cup Prepared mustard;
1/2 Cup Dill pickle chunks; drained
1/2 Cup Onion; chopped,
6 Slices Bacon; cut into 1/2 inch (1.30 centimeter )
1 Lb Ground beef
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Preparation
Fry bacon until almost done (it will cook a bit more in the oven). Drain on paper towel. Cook the ground beef until it is no longer pink – drain. Saute the onion in a small amount of oil until it is soft. Bake your favourite pizza crust at 425 F ( 200 degrees for 5 – 10 minutes ) just until it begins to brown. Remove from oven and spread with mustard. Top with ground beef and onion and return to oven for another 5 – 10 minutes until crust edges are lightly browned. Add the bacon, pickles and cheese and return to the oven until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and enjoy. Note: If you don’t like warm pickles, you can add them just before serving.
“Mexican Pizzas are delicious corn tortillas topped with beans, beef and all the delicious taco toppings you can imagine! They can be cut into wedges and served as an appetizer or left whole and served as a main dish.”
Recipe Yield 4 pizzas
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 pound ground beef
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
8 tablespoons sour cream
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 green onion, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
1/2 avocado, diced
1 tablespoon black olives, sliced
Heat the refried beans.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Stir in the seasoning packet.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place a small amount of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Let the oil heat, then place one corn tortilla in the skillet. After 15 seconds, flip the tortilla over and let it fry another 15 seconds. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas, letting them drain on paper towels once they have been heated. When the tortillas have drained, arrange them on a cookie sheet.
Spread a thin layer of beans on the tortillas, followed by a layer of beef, and cheese.
Bake the tortillas in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Slice the tortillas into wedges and arrange them on plates or a serving platter and garnish them with the sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, chilies, avocado, and olives.
Vegetable Pizza with Spinach-Artichoke Sauce
It’s not your typical pizza, but that’s what makes it so interesting!
• 1 10 inch flour tortilla
• butter-flavor oil, as needed
• 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
• black pepper, to taste
• granulated garlic, to taste
• salt, to taste
• 4 ounce Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
• 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. To make pizza: In a hot sauté pan or on a griddle, place sliced mushrooms and butter-flavor oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Cook until hot.
2. Brush tortilla with oil and place on griddle. Spread spinach and artichoke dip evenly on top of tortilla to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Top with mushrooms, when cooked, Italian seasoning
and diced tomatoes. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over pizza and remove from griddle and place on a pizza pan in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F. Remove from oven when cheese is melted and top with shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese. Cut into wedges and serve.
TO MAKE SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP:
1 (10 ounce) box frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and rough chopped
1 cup shredded parmesan/Romano cheese blend
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
10 ounces prepared Alfredo sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 ounces (1/2 package) softened cream cheese
1. Combine ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and spread mixture into a small baking dish. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cheeses are bubbling and melted. Serve as sauce for the pizza, or as dip for bread or chips.
Surprise the family with B&B style pizza for breakfast! This wonderful recipe uses homemade dough and is topped with Parmesan cheese and ham. Great for breakfast or for dinner, this breakfast pizza recipe is fantastic.
For the Dough:
2 cups unbleached bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fast-rising (bread machine) yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for the oiling bowl
1 cup warm water
1 cup diced ham
12 slices of tomato, thinly sliced
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
4 large eggs, broken into individual bowls
1. To make the crust, put the flour, salt, and yeast in a food processor fitted with the dough blade and pulse several times to mix. With the processor running, add the tablespoon of oil through the feeding chute.
2. Then add the water in a stream until a soft ball forms – you will typically not use the entire cup.
Stop the processor and move the dough to a floured surface.
3. Knead a couple of times and then form into a ball. Put the dough in a small oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap and put in a warm place to rise for one and a half to two hours – until doubled.
4. About an hour before baking the pizzas, preheat the oven with a pizza stone to 480 degrees.
5. When the rising is done, take the dough from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface.
Cut into four equal portions and form them into tight individual balls. Put a little olive oil on
each and lightly cover with plastic wrap. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
6. When ready to form the pizzas, take each ball and gently pull it into a small round crust. Then, place on parchment paper. Dimple the crust with your finger tips and using the heel of your hand, push the crust into a larger circle with the outer edge a bit higher than the middle – each crust will be approximately six inches in diameter.
7. Brush a little olive oil on each crust and sprinkle the diced ham on each, leaving an empty spot in the middle of the crust.
8. Place three tomato slices on top of the ham. Then sprinkle the cheese on top of the ham and tomatoes. All these ingredients should form a dam to hold the egg in place.
9. Place the parchment with the pizzas the preheated stone and slide a raw egg into the middle of each pizza.
10. Bake for about 8-10 minutes – until the egg whites are set and the crust turns a golden brown.
Remove from the oven, and slide onto a plate and serve while hot.