Apple Pumpkin Muffins
Golden Delicious apples are the state fruit of West Virginia. These scrumptious apple pumpkin muffins use golden delicious apples to create an amazing flavor balanced out with the sweet pumpkin. These muffins are especially good around the fall holidays, but make them anytime of the year.
1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons guar gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 stick unsalted organic butter at room temperature
2 large organic eggs, beaten
1 can (15-ounces) solid unsweetened organic pumpkin
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
3. In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients, including the sugar and spices and stir with whisk to blend.
4. Cream the butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft.
5. Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix on low for 2 minutes.
6. Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla – mix on medium-high until light and fluffy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl several times. Stir in the apple.
7. Using an ice-cream scoop, fill the prepared muffin cups three fourths full with batter and bake for 25 minutes or until cracked on top and browned on the edges. A wooden skewer inserted into one of the muffins will come out clean.