Sweetbreads are perfect any time of day. This wonderful recipe is made with ground cinnamon and baked into a piece of heaven. Moist and delicious, you won’t want to pass this bread up.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups plus 1/2 cup of sugar
2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two loaf pans with nonstick spray.
2. Mix together oil, 2 cups sugar, eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and flour in large bowl.
3. Pour a quarter of batter into each prepared pan.
4. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle a quarter of sugar mixture in each
5. Pour remaining batter equally between pans. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
6. Swirl a knife through batter.
7. Bake 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove bread from pans and place on wax paper. Slice when completely cool.