Beer Can Chicken
Saucy and flavorful, this easy recipe for a barbecue classic, Beer Can Chicken, will have everyone raving about this tender and moist grill favorite! If you’ve never cooked like this before, you have to give it a try.
• 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
• 1 (12‐ounce) can beer, half removed
• 1 tablespoon dried basil
• 2 teaspoons paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 (3‐ to 3‐1/2‐pound) whole chicken
1. Preheat grill to medium‐high heat. Add barbecue sauce to the half‐full can of beer.
2. In a small bowl, combine basil, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and rub evenly over chicken.
3. Place cavity of chicken over beer can so that chicken is sitting on can then place can (with chicken on it) on rack in center of grill. Cover grill and cook 1 to 1‐1/4 hours, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
4. Pour remaining sauce from can into a bowl, and serve with chicken.